About J & J Optical Optometrist Green Hills
J & J Optical is an independent Greenhills East Maitland optometrist, owned and operated by Newcastle locals
Jason Tang and John Kearns. Jason and John established the practice in May 2010,
initially trading under the name Sight Savers Green Hills.
John and Jason are committed to providing high quality eye care and great value eye care products. General eye examinations
are bulk billed to Medicare and include checks for eye conditions such as glaucoma, macular degeneration, and cataracts. Jason is also
a behavioural optometrist.
The practice has an extensive range of frames with over 1500 to choose from, and packages to suit all budgets.
Jason (left) is a qualified optometrist, Newcastle behavioural optometrist and ocular medicines prescriber. Jason is a member of the Australian College of
Behavioural Optometrists and has completed a Graduate Certificate in Ocular Therapeutics, qualifying him to
prescribe medications to treat common eye conditions.
John (right) is a qualified optical dispenser with over 25 years experience working throughout the Newcastle region.
John has the skills and specialised machinery to grind and fit lenses into frames (makes the glasses) on site, making J & J Optical one of the few remaining optometry pratices that do not rely on external laboratories for these services.
- Bulk billing
- Testing for macular degeneration, glaucoma and cataracts
- Retinal photography at no charge when required
- Children's vision testing
- Behavioural Optometry
- Ophthalmic medicines prescribing for the treatment of common eye conditions
- Contact lens fitting: disposable lenses, hard lenses, toric lenses, coloured lenses, extended wear,
and multifocal contact lenses.
- Appointments available on Saturday mornings.
- We don't rush through our eye examinations- we conduct a thorough examination and take the
time to explain results and answer any questions
Optical Dispensing Services
- One of the largest ranges of frames to choose from in the Hunter Valley.
- No gap glasses for health fund members.
- Experienced on site optical dispensing services. We listen, and can assist in choosing frames and lenses that suit you.
We always aim to recommend only the frames and lenses that will be of maximum benefit to you.
- Same day, emergency single vision glasses can be made on site.
- Prescription safety glasses.
- Prescription swimming goggles.
- Lenses can be fitted to your own frames.
- In store HICAPS claiming for all participating health funds.
Call us on 4933 0055 to book a bulk billed eye test